This page is an overview of the tools I use to manage my personal and work life. Although it's evident that you can't have convenience and control at the same time, I prefer having a balance between both of them. Therefore, I prefer open source / audited services wherever possible.
- Operating System: Pop! OS, is an operating system for STEM and creative professionals who use their computer as a tool to discover and create. (Previously used Manjaro, Mentioned in the following post)
- Browser : Librewolf, This project is an independent fork of Firefox, with the primary goals of privacy, security, and user freedom.
- IDE: VSCodium is a community-driven, freely-licensed binary distribution of Microsoft’s editor VS Code.
- Mail client: Evolution, is an open-source email client by GNOME.
- Operating System: Calyx OS, A fork of Android that uses Fdroid + MicroG + Aurora for a de-googled and libre experience.
- Browser: Chromium
- Podcast Aggregator: AntennaPod, is built by volunteers without commercial interest, so it respects your privacy while giving you full control.
- Notes: Standard Notes, is an easy-to-use encrypted note-taking app for digitalists and professionals.
- Email Client: K9 Mail, is an open source email client focused on making it easy to chew through large volumes of email.
- Password Manager: Bitwarden, offers the easiest and safest way for teams and individuals to store and share sensitive data from any device.
- Fitness Tracker: Gadgetbridge, enables the users to use fitness bands without the Vendor's closed source applications.
- Mastodon: Hosted under https://mastodon.lhin.space [Stable]. Hosted on top of Docker using the official image from Dockerhub.
- Pixelfed: Hosted under https://pixelfed.lhin.space [Unstable]. Hosted on top of Docker using the image from Dockerhub.
- Matrix (Dendrite): Hosted under https://chat.lhin.space [Unstable]. Hosted on top of Docker using the official image from Dockerhub.
- Uptime Kuma: Hosted under https://status.lhin.space. Maintains the status of all the self-hosted services under lhin.space. Hosted on top of Docker using the official image from Dockerhub.
- CalDav / CardDav: I self-host these service over Docker using docker-radicale.
- Personal Blog: I use Ghost to manage my personal blog. Ghost is an easy-to-use, low maintenance blogging platform.
- Personal Cloud: I host all my cloud services in AlphaVPS's cloud servers with Docker to have more control over my data and have the freedom to mold it according to my needs.
- Media Storage: I use Ente.io. Ente.io provides encrypted backups for your
photos and videos while not compromising on user-friendliness and UX.
- Email Provider: Migadu, is an amazing email provider based off of EU.
- VPN Provider: Mullvad VPN, is a fast, trustworthy and easy-to-use VPN with no-logging policy.